And here we started planning,
After selection of awesome FSA’s for committee we started planning of events!
We are passionate about Mozilla’s mission so our first aim is..get to know about Mozilla and why only Mozilla!
Yesterday we conducted our FSA First Official Meetup(start time 11:30am and end time 2pm, date 28/05/2015), we discussed some points about Mozilla’s mission. And then started planning of first event with committee members. We discussed some points regarding Mozilla’s products. I introduced committee members briefly about Mozilla’s mission, shared some presentations with them. Then we discussed some introductory part about Firefox OS and distributed tasks amongst committee members according to their positions. Then we discussed about the inauguration of our club and discussed about club goals and different task force any one can be part of.
These taskforce are:
Focused points about Firefox OS:
- Firefox OS-Introduction
- About OS
- OS architecture
- Developing apps
- And many more..
We planned our first event related to Mozilla tools which will include Webmaker tools and introduction about Firefox OS. We will display the inauguration date as soon as possible mostly at the end of June 2015 and we are planning to host first event in the first week of July.
After a long discussion of about nearly 2-3 hrs, finally, we ended up this interactive meetup by encouraging our committee members and started working for respective tasks!
“Firefox Student Ambassadors are individuals who are passionate about Mozilla!”
Yes I am Passionate about Mozilla and I love Mozilla.
The Mozilla Manifesto
It teaches many things and I am truly inspired by these 10 principles:
- The Internet is an integral part of modern life—a key component in education, communication, collaboration, business, entertainment and society as a whole.
- The Internet is a global public resource that must remain open and accessible.
- The Internet must enrich the lives of individual human beings.
- Individuals’ security and privacy on the Internet are fundamental and must not be treated as optional.
- Individuals must have the ability to shape the Internet and their own experiences on it.
- The effectiveness of the Internet as a public resource depends upon interoperability (protocols, data formats, content), innovation and decentralized participation worldwide.
- Free and open source software promotes the development of the Internet as a public resource.
- Transparent community-based processes promote participation, accountability and trust.
- Commercial involvement in the development of the Internet brings many benefits; a balance between commercial profit and public benefit is critical.
- Magnifying the public benefit aspects of the Internet is an important goal, worthy of time, attention and commitment.
My journey started in the month of march and then selected as a club lead and established a club in my college. 🙂
As I am Zeal college student so decided to put same name to our club, My teachers, HOD and managing director of my college and principle sir supported me to start this club very actively. Their support truly incredible thanks to all of them!
So, I am happy to move forward and to host some events and meetups in my college. Selection of committee members and we started our planning for club opening and we got overwhelming response from students. The main thing is that on one side, I started selecting active peoples for my club and on other side getting knowledge from my FSA friends and RAL. Started my journey with FirefoxFriends and started spreading Mozilla’s mission and product info and knowledge with my friends.
Students and teachers support was incredible and what we planned for future Meetups and Events will definitely amaze peoples 🙂
I am very happy to share my first Mozilla band with you 🙂
Club contact Details:
Link for FSA : https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/contribute/studentambassadors/
You can Follow us on Facebook & Twitter
Club Facebook link : https://www.facebook.com/pages/Zeal-Firefox-Club/630148130448583?ref=hl
Club Twitter link : https://twitter.com/ZfcClub
Another website : zfc.zealeducation.com
For queries & suggestions please do not hesitate to contact us.
This is your very first post. Click the Edit link to modify or delete it, or start a new post. If you like, use this post to tell readers why you started this blog and what you plan to do with it.